Brie & Asparagus Tart
serves 4 prep: 10 mins cook: 20 mins
- 1 sheet ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, blanched
- 70g True Organic Brie, sliced
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pastry on prepared tray. Using a small knife, make a 2cm border around edge of pastry (be careful not to cut right through). Using a fork, prick centre of pastry 4 times. Bake for 6 minutes or until puffed and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg, cream and mustard together in a small bowl. Season with salt.
- Remove pastry from oven. Carefully re-cut along border line (be careful not to cut right through). Press down on centre of pastry. Arrange asparagus, in a single layer, over pastry. Top with brie. Pour over egg mixture. Season with pepper. Bake for 9 minutes or until pastry is golden and egg mixture just set. Serve with salad.