Lamb & Haloumi Meatball Salad
serves 4 prep: 15 mins cook: 15 mins
- 500g lamb mince
- 50g True Organic haloumi, coarsley grated
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, quartered
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 150g grape tomatoes, halved
- 130g (1/2 cup) low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, coarsley grated
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Mix the lamb mince, haloumi, oregano, rind and half of the garlic in a bowl. Season. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to rest for 2 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat (see Notes). Combine zucchini, onion and half the remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Combine tomato and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Cook the zucchini mixture, turning, for 4 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Cook the tomato, turning, for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- For the tzatziki, combine the yoghurt, cucumber and remaining garlic in a bowl. Season.
- Divide spinach among plates. Top with grilled vegetables and meatballs. Serve with tzatziki and lemon.